These air fryer potato wedges are incredibly easy to make, takes only 20 minutes, and are perfect sides or appetizers for any meal! Also try our cheesy loaded potato bread, crispy smashed potatoes, bubble pillow potatoes for more fun ways to enjoy potatoes.
Please scroll down to the recipe card for the ingredient quantities!
- Russet potato - Russet potatoes are the best for making potato wedges and french fries because they are starchier and have less water content compared to waxier potatoes.
- Salt and black pepper - These two are the basic seasonings for these air fryer potato wedges.
- Seasonings - Besides just salt and pepper, we like to add garlic and onion powder, ground paprika, and chili powder for extra flavor. These seasonings are not absolutely necessary, but will definitely bring your potato wedge game to another level.
- Grated parmesan - If the seasonings give flavors to the potato wedges, grated parmesan would be the secret ingredient that gives potato wedges the oomf and umami flavor. So, we highly recommend giving it a try!
- Parsley (optional for garnish) - Likewise, you can do the same with sliced green onions if you prefer.
How to make potato wedges in the air fryer
Please scroll down to the recipe card for the full recipe and instructions!
1. Clean the potatoes. Wash the potatoes and remove any undesirable spots. Dry them well with clean towels.
2. Cut into wedges. Cut the russet potato in half, lengthwise. Then, cut each half into edges. Depending on the size of the potato, each half can give 3 to 4 wedges.
3. Season. Put the potato wedges into a large mixing bowl, along with oil, seasonings, and grated parmesan. Mix well until each wedge is evenly coated.
4. Air fry. Arrange the seasoned potato wedges in the air fryer basket, skin side down. Air fry at 400°F for about 15 minutes. If you prefer the potato wedges a bit crisper on the edges, air fry for another 3 to 5 minutes.
📝 Note: Keep an eye on the potato wedges if air frying them longer than 15 minutes because the extra spices and grated parmesan tend to brown faster.
5. Garnish and enjoy. Transfer to a serving dish and top with more grate parmesan if you wish and some chopped parsley. Enjoy while hot!
- Dry the potatoes well. Use a clean kitchen towel or paper towels to dry the outside of the potato before cutting and seasoning. Keeping the potatoes dry helps the oil and seasoning to coat better and helps to prevent the potatoes from having extra moisture.
- Don't overcrowd the air fryer basket. Overcrowding is never good, whether in the air fryer or in a pan. It can cause food to not cook evenly, and it can cause steaming to occur because there's not enough room for proper air circulation.
Storage and reheating
Leftover potato wedges can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days. Just make sure to let the potato wedges cool completely before storing.
To reheat, air fry the cold potato wedges at 350°f for about 5 minutes, or until heated through. Do note that, the texture of the reheated potato wedges won't be as good as freshly made ones.
Yes. You can use any potatoes you prefer. However, the best potato for making potato wedges is russet potato because it is starchier and have less moisture content.
No. Grated parmesan is an optional ingredient that will definitely make the potato wedges taste better, but not absolutely necessary. Omitting the parmesan would also make the potato wedges dairy free.
If you’ve made this recipe or any recipes from our blog, please tag us on Instagram using #twoplaidaprons! You can also tag us in your Instagram stories using @two_plaid_aprons. We would love to see your creations! It absolutely makes our day! 🥰
Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- 2 pounds russet potato
- 3 tablespoons oil any neutral oil will do
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan plus more for garnish (optional)
- Parsley chopped (optional for garnish)
- Wash the potatoes and dry well with clean towels. Remove and cut way any undesirably spots on the potato.
- Cut the potato in half, lengthwise. Then, each half into wedges. Repeat with remaining potatoes*Please refer to the post above for photo references.*
- Into a large mixing bowl, combine the potato wedges, oil, seasonings (salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, paprika, and chili powder), and grated parmesan. Mix until well combined and the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Arrange the seasoned potato wedges into the air fryer basket, skin side down. Avoid over crowding and air fry in batches if necessary.
- Air fry the potato wedges at 400°F for 15 minutes, until golden brown. Shake the basket half way through cooking. If you'd like the potato wedges to be crispier, air fry for an additional 5 minutes. But make sure to not burn the potatoes!
- Transfer the potato wedges onto a serving plate and garnish with more grated parmesan and some chopped parsley. Enjoy while hot!
- Seasonings - Besides the salt and pepper, the rest of the seasons are pretty much optional. They'll definitely make the potato wedges tastier, but not absolutely needed.
Drop a comment! We'd love to hear from you =)